It’s BAAAACK! As of Thursday, August 24, 2023, Pumpkin Spice Latte season is officially back at Starbucks.
You’re craving that creamy pumpkin goodness; the aroma of nutmeg and clove; the jolt of creamy espresso. Fall’s favorite harbinger has arrived. And the menu is glorious!
In this Article
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Season 2023 Menu
- Is Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Made with Real Pumpkin?
- Pumpkin Spice Latte 2023 Release Date
- Starbucks’ PSL Release Date History
- When Does Starbucks Pumpkin Spice End?
Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Season 2023 Menu
Starbucks Fall Beverages
- Pumpkin Spice Latte (available hot, iced, or blended)
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- Apple Crisp Oatmilk Macchiato (available hot, iced, or blended)
- Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Tea Latte – a chai tea latte with pumpkin cream cold foam and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice topping
- Iced Apple Crisp Oatmeal Shaken Espresso – Blonde espresso shaken with apple, cinnamon, and brown sugar flavors and topped with oatmilk.
Starbucks Fall Food Items
Returning bakery items
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin
- Pumpkin & Pepita Loaf
- Owl Cake Pop
New bakery item
- Baked Apple Croissant – filled with warm apple filling. Yum!
If you’re near a Starbucks Reserve store, rush on over to get your hands on the special seasonal menu which features the Starbucks Reserve Pumpkin Spice Latte, Pumpkin Spice Whiskey Barrel-Aged Iced Latte and Pumpkin Spice Espresso Martini. They also have exclusive bakery items including Pumpkin Maritozzo (a puffy pastry stuffed with cream) and Pumpkin Spice Cake.
Is Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Made with Real Pumpkin?
Sort of! In 2023, Starbucks shared that for the last eight years, their pumpkin sauce has contained Kabocha squash puree. In the U.S., kabocha is generally considered a type of winter squash (and pumpkin is indeed a type of winter squash). But Kabocha is also known as “Japanese pumpkin.” Learn more about Kabocha squash in my Ultimate Squash Guide
Pumpkin Spice Latte 2023 Release Date
The rumors were true! Starbucks 2023 PSL release date was Thursday, August 24, 2023.
For awhile now, our best guess for Starbucks’ PSL 2023 release date was Tuesday, August 29, 2023. However, as the date got closer, the rumors heated up! Starbucks has yet to give official word, but a foodie Instagram account reportedly received a tip from a Starbucks employee that Tuesday, August 29 was indeed the official return date … THEN they received another tip that Starbucks PSL 2023 release date as moved up to Thursday, August 24! Earlier PSLs (along with some new fall menu items?!) I’m okay with that, though I might be enjoying my pumpkin spice latte in iced form for a few weeks first.
Starbucks’ PSL Release Date History
For nine out of the last 11 release dates, Pumpkin Spice Latte has been released on a Tuesday. Four out of the last six release dates were on the last Tuesday of August. Which is why we speculated that PSL will grace our local Starbucks stores on the last Tuesday of August. 🎃
These were the PSL release dates from 2013-2023:
- 2023: Thursday, August 24
- 2022: Tuesday, August 30
- 2021: Tuesday, August 24
- 2020: Tuesday, August 25
- 2019: Tuesday, August 27
- 2018: Tuesday, August 28
- 2017: Tuesday, September 5
- 2016: Tuesday, September 6
- 2015: Tuesday, September 8. This year, customers were given an opportunity to use a special password that unlocked the pumpkin spice latte at their local stores a few days early.
- 2014: Tuesday, September 2. But on Tuesday, August 26, Starbucks released a secret password for PSL access a week early.
- 2013: Monday, September 2. There was a secret access code this year, too! Bring it back, Starbucks!
When Does Starbucks Pumpkin Spice End?
Starbucks pumpkin spice season usually ends after Thanksgiving, or when supplies run out for individual stores.